Stay tuned for opportunities.
Jazz Power Initiative: Production Intern Position
Description of Organization:
Jazz Power Initiative is an uptown New York City based non-profit 501(c)3 organization specializing in jazz music and theater education for youth and adults and producing community concerts involving music and dance.
- Interested in learning more about and assisting live concerts, jazz and youth arts education.
- Demonstrates a welcoming and supportive vibe.
- Interested in jazz and supporting youth and community programming.
- Available Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays for 8-10 hrs/week.
- Organized and self-motivated demonstrating problem solving and positive energy; creative thinking – troubleshooting and capacity to work well in teams.
- Has experience setting up sound and music equipment.
- Is comfortable lifting over 25 lbs.
- Knowledge of social media is a plus.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Production support: Assist with the production of live concerts and workshops including: welcoming students and families, carrying equipment to and from locations, helping musicians with equipment, setting up and breakdown, assisting in running soundboard, providing food & beverages for performers. Concert and education venues include National Jazz Museum in Harlem, 58 West 129th Street, Alianza Dominicana Cultural Center at 530 West 166th Street, and Jazz Power Headquarters at 5030 Broadway, Suite 651.
- Promotional support: Distributing flyers, basic video editing skills, sharing social media etc.
Report to Arlene Rodriguez Martinez, Program Manager, weekly check-ins.
Independent contractor, $15/hr.